Favorite Recipes from 2019
All the Favorite Recipes from 2019…collections compiled by you, by me, and by my family!
So here we have the Favorite Recipes from 2019, broken into three separate collections.
The first collection, shown above, is a list of the top ten recipes published this year on afarmgirlsdabbles.com, according to number of page views.
These recipes, shown from top to bottom above, were your favorites. These recipes were chosen by you!
- Apple Crisp – An easy apple crisp recipe with toothsome apple bites and a crispy old-fashioned buttery oats topping. My favorite apple dessert ever!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies – An easy, no-bake, sweet and salty treat using Ritz crackers. A sprinkle of sea salt flakes puts these over the top!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Baked in a pan, this is a quick and super easy chocolate chip cookie recipe with no mixer and no chilling. You’ll love how soft and buttery these are. This was an overwhelmingly new favorite recipe, both with readers and our own family.
- Orange Margarita – A sunny cocktail for celebrating the glorious citrus season. This margarita recipe is easy to make, with just a few ingredients.
- Easy Korean Beef – A little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, a budget-friendly way to enjoy the flavors of Korean BBQ. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, ready in under 30 minutes!
- Cowboy Beans – This easy baked beans recipe is hearty and flavorful with bacon and ground beef. It’s the ultimate side dish for all your casual gatherings.
- Italian Chopped Salad – An Italian salad loaded with fresh goodness, plus salami, provolone, pepperoncini, and olives. It’s light, yet hearty, and extra flavorful with a zippy Italian vinaigrette!
- Herby Lemon Vinaigrette – A sunny salad favorite, loaded with bright flavor and mealtime versatility.
- Rosemary Thyme Spiced Nuts – Lightly spiced and beautifully fragrant with the earthiness of herbs, this spiced nuts recipe is great for nibbling and gifting – and so easy to make!
- Gooey Chocolate Mug Cake for Two – A quick and easy dessert, with butter and no eggs. In less than 15 minutes, you’ll have two crazy delicious servings of warm chocolate cake, ready to eat!
And this second group is a collection of my own favorites. This is such a hard task – to pick just ten recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chili – Nothing beats a really great bowl of chili. And this is my favorite!
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Pork – I had so much fun creating this recipe, a riff on one of my favorite dishes at a local restaurant. This traditional Vietnamese salad is fresh and beautiful, featuring rice noodles, crunchy vegetables, herbs, and quick-seared pork with big, bold flavor. It’s served with a light, bright rice vinegar dressing to bring it all together.
- Strawberry Gin and Tonic – A summery twist on the classic gin and tonic recipe, with an easy-to-make fresh strawberry syrup.
- Overnight Egg Bake – A make-ahead recipe that’s great for entertaining. Flavorful with prosciutto, provolone, and goat cheese, plus an easy homemade crouton topping that bakes up buttery crisp.
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad – A creamy mustard potato salad recipe, fun and flavorful with crunchy dill pickles.
- Italian Chopped Salad – One of our most-made salads of the year!
- Mojito Fruit Salad – This recipe has summer written all over it, with cubes of juicy watermelon and sweet strawberries and blueberries. With a nod to the mojito, the fruit is tossed with a sweet mint and lime mixture.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – This was an all-out winner of a recipe. Quick, easy, and wonderfully delicious!
- Rosemary Thyme Spiced Nuts – I LOVE THESE NUTS!!
- Grilled Romaine Salad – The charred smokiness of this salad gets me every time. We pair it with our favorite homemade buttermilk ranch dressing for ultimate salad pleasure!
And this final selection of recipes was handpicked by my family. Each year, I ask Blake and the girls to click through the past year’s archives and give me their favorite recipes. This is the very best part for me, finding out what they liked best from the past twelve months!
Blake’s favorites (left column of photos):
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – Because this boy is one huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate. Soft and chewy, with a crackly sugar crust and chocolate kiss, this easy classic cookie recipe will always be a favorite for our family.
- Swedish Meatballs – Perfectly tender meatballs with an easy-to-make homemade gravy that’s creamy and richly flavored. A total comfort meal.
- Juicy Lucy Burger Lettuce Wraps – The Juicy Lucy is a legendary cheese-stuffed burger from Minnesota. It was fun to create our own version!
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – An easy dish featuring egg roll flavors of ground pork, cabbage, and carrots. Served with crispy wonton strips and a tasty Asian sauce. This recipe is a regular around here!
- Edible Cookie Dough – A classic chocolate chip cookie dough recipe that makes a fun, sweet treat. Made without eggs, this no-bake dough is safe to eat straight from the bowl.
Hatti’s favorites (middle column of photos):
- Heart Shaped Brownies with Fresh Raspberry Buttercream – Fudgy, decadent brownies sandwich a creamy homemade buttercream flavored with real raspberries. So fun, delicious, and pretty!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers – Flavorful with fresh lemon, rosemary, and thyme. A bit of goat cheese adds creamy tang, and the sundried tomato spread sends these burgers over the top!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – I created this easy recipe in honor of Hatti’s birthday and her love for chocolate chip cookies. She made many pans of these bars over the past year, toting them to gatherings with her friends. I love that she enjoys baking treats for her friends!
- Mojito Fruit Salad – This salad is fun and downright delightful. It’s always a hit at summertime gatherings.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms – Yes, this girl follows in her dad’s peanut butter and chocolate loving footsteps.
Tessa’s favorites (right column of photos):
- Edible Cookie Dough – Tessa was the driving force behind this recipe. She loves to make this cookie dough!
- Caramel Corn – This homemade caramel popcorn recipe is SO much better than store-bought. It’s crispy, sweet, buttery perfection.
- Grasshopper Cake – A longtime family favorite, with layers of mint cake, chocolate fudge, and minty whipped cream. Tessa and her friends adore this cake.
- Italian Chopped Salad – Tessa is a salad lover. This is one of her favorite hearty salads.
- Italian Vinaigrette – And she loves having this zippy homemade salad dressing in the fridge at all times!
(Christmas 2019 in Florida – to celebrate my parents’ 50th anniversary)
As we say goodbye to 2019, we want to thank you for being a part of this past year with a farmgirl’s dabbles. We feel honored and grateful for the time you spend here with our family, and we’re excited to see what 2020 has in store!
Happiest New Year to you!