Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossoms – Soft and chewy, with a crackly sugar crust and chocolate kiss, this easy classic cookie recipe is a must during the holidays!
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest!
Sometimes it pays to just keep asking.
Last year, during the Christmas season, I shared a photo of Peanut Butter Blossoms on Instagram. I had just baked them. They were still fragrant, warm from the oven.
Thinking that everyone has to already have their own peanut butter blossom cookie recipe, I hadn’t even thought to share mine here. It’s a recipe passed down from my mom, like so many on this site.
But I was wrong. I received many requests last year to share Mom’s recipe. And then it happened again this year. So I’m delivering this cookie recipe, the weekend before Christmas. It’s an easy recipe. You’ll have the best peanut butter blossoms in your very own kitchen in no time at all!
Like chocolate and peanut butter? Here are a few more recipes for you! Another easy recipe, we LOVE these Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies – a Christmastime favorite. Mom’s Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are quick to make, quick to disappear. And this Chocolate Cake with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting is super fun!
How to make peanut butter blossoms cookies
This is one of the easiest, most fail-proof cookie recipes out there. There’s no crazy ingredients, no funky directions, no chilling of the dough. And the results are spectacular!
The cookie dough is simple, with peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar as the main flavor-givers. They also provide the soft chewy texture in the baked cookie. The only thing I changed in Mom’s recipe is that hers calls for shortening rather than butter. If you prefer shortening, go ahead with that.
Once the dough is made, portion it out (I like to use this small scoop) and roll it into balls. Then roll the balls around in a bowl of granulated sugar. This creates a sparkly, lightly crackly crust to the baked soft cookie.
Immediately after the cookies come out of the oven, press a milk chocolate Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each one. This creates the beautiful cracks. My favorite part of the cookie making process!
The BEST Peanut Butter Blossoms
I think this recipe is the best. There’s great peanut butter flavor, plus wonderful texture. And the size is perfect, not too big, not too small.
With just a few bites, you’ve experienced peanut butter and chocolate heaven in one of the most sought-after ways during the holidays.
(Of course, you can make these any time of year, though!)
Go ahead. Grab a bag of Hershey’s Kisses and preheat the oven. You’ll be enjoying a soft, warm peanut butter blossom in less than an hour!
Like this peanut butter cookie recipe? Pin it!
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at softened room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar, plus more for rolling dough balls
- 1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 60 Hershey's®️ Kisses milk chocolates, unwrapped (a 10.8 oz. package contains about 66 Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt until dough forms.
- Shape dough into balls that are just bit more than 1" in diameter. I like to use a small scoop to portion out the dough - mine holds 1 tablespoon of dough. Roll dough balls in granulated sugar and place them on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
from Mom's recipe box
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. See our disclosure policy for more info.