Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Whip up this easy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce recipe in just a few minutes! Featuring sweet honey and bold, tangy Dijon mustard, this lightly creamy dip is punched up with a touch of paprika and a squeeze of fresh, bright lemon.
Easy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
This easy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce recipe comes in handy for so many things – because dipping is somewhat of a national pastime…amiright?! This tasty dip is lightly creamy, with an irresistibly sweet, bold flavor. You’ll love this homemade honey mustard sauce on sandwiches and wraps, as a dressing for green salads, a marinade (pork and chicken work great!), or as a glaze for roasts. And of course, there’s dipping. Think french fries, chicken fries, chicken nuggets, roasted veggies, sausage cheese balls, and more!
Why You’ll Love This Honey Mustard Sauce for Dipping
Honey + mustard is a classic combination that my family adores. Here’s why we think you’ll love this honey mustard sauce for dipping:
- Simple ingredients. The ingredients list is simple and fresh. I bet you already have everything you need to make this!
- Versatile. I like that this honey mustard dip can be used for dipping, but also for other things – a salad dressing, marinade, sandwich spread, etc.
- Keeps well. You’ll only need a few minutes to make this dip, and you can make it in advance. Just store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it, and it’ll keep well for up to a week!
What You’ll Need
Here’s a glance at the ingredients in this honey and mustard dipping sauce. Scroll down to the printable recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredient amounts.
- Honey – This is the base of the honey mustard dip, so be sure to use a good quality honey.
- Dijon mustard – I use Dijon instead of the classic yellow mustard because I like its bold depth of flavor.
- Mayonnaise – I incorporate just a couple tablespoons of mayo to give this dip a lightly creamy texture, plus a touch of tangy flavor. Use a good quality mayonnaise, and not a “salad dressing” such as Miracle Whip.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a beautiful touch of acidity that brightens up the flavors.
- Parsley – Chopped parsley adds another layer of fresh flavor, plus pretty green color.
- Garlic powder and paprika – These simple spices enhance the earthy bite of the mustard, and give easy, delicious flavor to the dip.
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Follow along with the photos below and you’ll see how to make this easy honey mustard sauce. Find detailed instructions in the recipe card lower down.
- Combine all ingredients. Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Done!!
Tips for Success + Variations
Here are a few tips to help you make this honey mustard dip:
- Use quality ingredients. When it comes to simple recipes with few ingredients, it’s more important than ever to use quality ingredients. In this recipe, I especially recommend using a good honey.
- Don’t skip the fresh ingredients. I think that this honey mustard dip recipe is better than others, mostly because of the small amount of fresh lemon and parsley. They just add a little something special. (I also really like that it features Dijon rather than plain yellow mustard!)
- Make ahead. Go ahead and make the dip a day or two in advance, if this makes life easier for you. This works great for entertaining.
- Adjust the flavor and texture. Add more or less of the honey, mustard, and/or mayo to better suit your tastes. Toss in more paprika. Or go crazy with the black pepper (yum!). If you make changes and need to thin out the dip, just add a little water.
Ways to Use Honey Mustard Sauce
This honey and mustard dipping sauce is incredibly versatile. Here are some suggestions for how to use it:
- For dipping. This recipe makes a great dipping sauce for sausage and cheese balls, baked chicken nuggets, chicken fries, and everything bagel pigs in a blanket. It would also be fabulous with bacon wrapped smokies and bacon wrapped scallops!
- On sandwiches. Swap ordinary mustard for honey mustard dipping sauce on your favorite sandwich for a flavor boost. Or use it in place of the basil sauce in this grilled chicken sandwich.
- As a salad dressing. Use honey mustard dipping sauce as a dressing for salads. Drizzle it on this roasted beet salad for a different flavor. Or make a simple salad of fresh greens, crunchy cucumber, and carrots, and dress it with honey and mustard dipping sauce.
- With vegetables. Set out a platter of fresh vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, celery, and cherry tomatoes, and dip them in honey mustard dipping sauce. Or dip in roasted asparagus or fried yellow squash.
- Add it to grilled cheese. Honey mustard dipping sauce is delicious with grilled cheese. You can spread it on the bread before you add the cheese, or use it as a dip for the finished sandwich. Or add it to my herby turkey grilled cheese sandwich instead of the sundried tomato spread.
- On meat. You can use this sauce as a glaze for roast chicken or roast beef for extra flavor. It’s also delicious on grilled pork chops!
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. I don’t recommend freezing the sauce. When you want to use it, just give it a good shake or whisking to incorporate.
More Homemade Sauces
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Morton kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients: honey, dijon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.