Herby Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
I’m not usually one to follow the many different food holidays throughout the year, but this Herby Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomato Spread fit very nicely into April’s National Grilled Cheese Month. As I was blitzing up a jar of sun-dried tomato spread, I knew I wanted to shmear that beautiful red deliciousness across the inside of a hearty grilled cheese sandwich. Again, I took inspiration from our daughter’s favorite bagel sandwich order (I talked about it here). The result? A grilled cheese layered with so many wonderful flavors and textures that it will make your lunch plate sing!
You’ll notice that this recipe is not exactly a recipe, but more like a list of favorite ingredients to build an incredible sandwich. If you have a jar of homemade sun-dried tomato spread, a tub of Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread (easy to spread, plus adds great flavor to any grilled sandwich), and a tub of Rondelé® Garlic & Herbs Cheese Spread (our daughter’s favorite way to add creamy flavor to a wrap) in your refrigerator, you have the makings for an easy and delicious sandwich or wrap, any time you desire. These three items are commonplace in our refrigerator, adding depth and flavor to our home and school lunches every single week. (This post is not a sponsored one, we just really like these products.)
The older I get, the heartier I like my bread. I used Great Harvest Bread Company‘s High 5 Fiber bread, which added even more depth to this sandwich. Grilled on a hot cast iron griddle, the exterior comes out crisp and buttery, the perfect contrast to all the delicious layers inside.
- good bread, chock-full of grains and seeds, cut 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick
- Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread
- homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- rondelé® by Président® garlic & herbs cheese spread
- roasted turkey, sliced
- smoked cheddar cheese, sliced
- fresh parsley leaves or your favorite lettuce or greens
- fresh red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat heavy griddle or cast iron pan to medium/medium-high. Spread outsides of bread slices with Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Butter Spread. On the other side of one slice of bread, spread a nice layer of Sun-Dried Tomato Spread, don't be shy. On the other side of the second slice of bread, spread a nice layer of rondelé® by Président® garlic & herbs cheese spread. Lay one bread slice butter side down and top with turkey, cheese, parsley, and onion. Top with remaining bread slice, butter side up.
- Place sandwich on hot griddle and cook until bread is toasted. Flip sandwich to toast the second side. Remove from griddle when both sides are nicely brown and toasted, and the cheese has melted. Slice and serve hot.
from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 1041mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 53g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.