Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs
I love summer.
I love grilling.
And I love kebabs.
That could be the end of my story, because it really is as simple as that. But then I would not be giving credit where credit is due, for these super tasty Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs.
After I shared my Turkey Taco Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice, drizzled with Honey and Chipotle Vinaigrette, my sister Jessica had a brilliant suggestion. She said, “I bet that vinaigrette would make an awesome marinade.”
I knew she was right.
I HAD to try it!
We’ve made these kebabs using an indoor grill pan and an outdoor grill, works great either way. The chicken kebabs grill up beautifully, with a fabulous caramelization. They are gorgeous, with amazing finger-licken’ flavor. My family loves this recipe, and it now rests amongst our favorite grilled chicken recipes.
These grilled honey chipotle chicken kebabs are great for a meal any ol’ time, but would make an especially tasty and fun main entree for summer gatherings, too. The kebabs could easily be prepped ahead of time, fully assembled and then refrigerated, and then set on the grill while you enjoy the company of your guests. What a way to add flavor and fun to summer!
Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs
The chicken kebabs grill up beautifully, with a fabulous caramelization.
- honey and chipotle vinaigrette
- 4 medium-large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2'' cubes
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-1/2'' pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2'' pieces
- 2 T. olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the honey and chipotle vinaigrette. Reserve 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and place in refrigerator. Pour the rest of the vinaigrette into a shallow bowl or sealable plastic baggie. Add the chicken cubes to the shallow bowl of vinaigrette. Marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight (longer is better!).
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least an hour before grilling. I used 8 wooden skewers that were about 9'' long.
- Heat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat and spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place onion and red pepper in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Discard marinade. Sprinkle kebabs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place kebabs on hot grill pan, turning the kebabs as each side gets beautifully charred, about 12 to 15 minutes total. When kebabs are almost done cooking, brush with reserved 1/4 cup of marinade and grill until done.
- Serve warm with cilantro lime rice.
from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
You might like these other recipes grilled on sticks!
- Grilled Curry Shrimp Skewers with Onion & Red Pepper Sauce from Cookin’ Canuck
- Rosemary Skewered Grilled Mushrooms from bell’alimento
- Citrus Beef Skewers with Grapefruit and Garlic from Rachel Cooks
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Meyer Lemon Salsa
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with Smoky Paprika Glaze
Made this two days ago and am still thinking about them. The combination is great, and it appeals to even my pickiest eater. Thank you.
Wonderful! So glad you liked this recipe. Thanks for coming back to let me know!
Love the honey chipotle flavor combo!
I made these tonight and they were fantastic! My husband and sons loved them.
Thank you for this terrific recipe!
AWESOME!!! I’m so glad you all liked these kebabs. If you want to try another kebab recipe out on your family, this one is always a winner, too, and very quick to mix up: https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/2012/05/30/grilled-honey-mustard-chicken-kebabs/
I used to beg for kabobs as a child. They carry this childhood nostalgia with them, and I love the dressing-as-marinade here.
My sisters just arrived with their kids for a few days, and we served kebabs last night. They were such a fun hit for our tribe. Not one piece of kebab left over! Hope your summer is off to a great start, Shaina. xo
Great looking kabobs! Found you through Brandie at The Country Cook.
Thank you, Sarah – I had so much fun meeting Brandi!!
These kabobs look really good!You and Brandi from The County Cook made a great team in Nashville!
Thank you! And I had so much fun meeting Brandi, loved getting to know her!
These look amazing and I will have to try them! I will have to thank Brandie from The Country Cook for sending me your way!
So nice to meet you, Paula! Brandie is so fun and lovely, I truly enjoyed meeting her in Nashville. She’s great with her biscuits, too. ;)
These look and sound amazing! Saved these to my person “to try” recipe file, yum!
Gorgeous kabobs! I have to try these soon.