Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs

Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs - www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com

I love summer.

I love grilling.

And I love kebabs.

That could be the end of my story, because it really is as simple as that. But then I would not be giving credit where credit is due, for these super tasty Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs.

After I shared my Turkey Taco Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice, drizzled with Honey and Chipotle Vinaigrette, my sister Jessica had a brilliant suggestion. She said, “I bet that vinaigrette would make an awesome marinade.”

I knew she was right.

I HAD to try it!

Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs - www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com

We’ve made these kebabs using an indoor grill pan and an outdoor grill, works great either way. The chicken kebabs grill up beautifully, with a fabulous caramelization. They are gorgeous, with amazing finger-licken’ flavor. My family loves this recipe, and it now rests amongst our favorite grilled chicken recipes.

Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs - www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com

These grilled honey chipotle chicken kebabs are great for a meal any ol’ time, but would make an especially tasty and fun main entree for summer gatherings, too. The kebabs could easily be prepped ahead of time, fully assembled and then refrigerated, and then set on the grill while you enjoy the company of your guests. What a way to add flavor and fun to summer!

Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

• honey and chipotle vinaigrette
  • 4 medium-large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2'' cubes
  • 1 small onion, cut into 1-1/2'' pieces
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2'' pieces
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

Prepare the honey and chipotle vinaigrette. Reserve 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and place in refrigerator. Pour the rest of the vinaigrette into a shallow bowl or sealable plastic baggie. Add the chicken cubes to the shallow bowl of vinaigrette. Marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight (longer is better!).

If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least an hour before grilling. I used 8 wooden skewers that were about 9'' long.

Heat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat and spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Place onion and red pepper in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil.

Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Discard marinade. Sprinkle kebabs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place kebabs on hot grill pan, turning the kebabs as each side gets beautifully charred, about 12 to 15 minutes total. When kebabs are almost done cooking, brush with reserved 1/4 cup of marinade and grill until done. Serve warm with cilantro lime rice.

from a farmgirl's dabbles

You might like these other recipes grilled on sticks!

41 Responses to “Grilled Honey Chipotle Chicken Kebabs”

Angie — June 19, 2013 at 10:45 am

These kebabs are perfect for summer, love them!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — June 19, 2013 at 10:50 am

These sound incredible – love the spicy sweet flavors!

Rachel Cooks — June 19, 2013 at 10:58 am

These look great — love the spicy sweet aspect. And thanks for the link love :)

Heather — June 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

Grilled dinner perfection! I love chipotle and how it’s just so good with grilled food, and my hubby is a BIG fan of grilled kebabs!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — June 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

I love kebabs in the summer, these flavors sound wonderful!

Julia — June 19, 2013 at 11:39 am

We’re big kebab fans around here. And these look delicious!

Marjorie (Sugar for the Brain) — June 19, 2013 at 11:50 am

I would gladly eat them right now!!! Honey and chipotle combo is so amazing! Great idea!

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — June 19, 2013 at 12:09 pm

A major yum and I love doing kebabs on my indoor grill pan too! Beautiful dish!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 19, 2013 at 12:19 pm

You had me at honey-chipotle! What an amazing dish with a scrumptious looking vinaigrette. I love grilling in the summer and this is right up my alley!

Paula - bell'alimento — June 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm

food on sticks is just fun!

Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet — June 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm

OMG Yes please! These sound incredible!!

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — June 19, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Absolutely perfect marinade for chicken kebabs! Even though hubby doesn’t like the heat from the chipotle, I bet if I cut the amount he’d never even know it was in there…hmmm…

• Brenda replied on June 19th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

The marinade is really not hot. Our youngest is a bit pepper-shy, and she loved this! When used as a salad dressing, it def has more heat. But grilled, not so much.

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas — June 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Oh how I love kebabs too! And summer. And grilling. lol. These look fab!

• Brenda replied on June 19th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Kebabs make summer and grilling so much fun! Thanks, Joanne! :)

Zainab| Blahnik Baker — June 19, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I love kebabs and this sounds very amazing. I love the sweet and spicy combination. Perfect summer dinner!

DessertForTwo — June 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm

These are so fun! I must try this vinaigrette! And I must try not to bathe in it, too! :)

Tieghan — June 19, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Mmmm! I love these flavors!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — June 19, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Sounds yummy!

Bree (Skinny Mommy) — June 20, 2013 at 6:04 am

I love honey on grilled meat and these look amazing!

Maria — June 20, 2013 at 8:53 am

We will have to make these at our next BBQ!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — June 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

I love kebabs and grilling. We grilled some for Father’s Day and they were wonderful. These look so good Brenda! I can’t wait to try them!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — June 22, 2013 at 7:03 am

Gorgeous kabobs! I have to try these soon.

Amanda — June 22, 2013 at 10:42 am

These look and sound amazing! Saved these to my person “to try” recipe file, yum!

Paula Houchins Rayburn — June 25, 2013 at 9:27 am

These look amazing and I will have to try them! I will have to thank Brandie from The Country Cook for sending me your way!

• Brenda replied on June 25th, 2013 at 11:06 am

So nice to meet you, Paula! Brandie is so fun and lovely, I truly enjoyed meeting her in Nashville. She’s great with her biscuits, too. ;)

Terry — June 25, 2013 at 2:20 pm

These kabobs look really good!You and Brandi from The County Cook made a great team in Nashville!

• Brenda replied on June 27th, 2013 at 7:36 am

Thank you! And I had so much fun meeting Brandi, loved getting to know her!

Sarah R. — June 25, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Great looking kabobs! Found you through Brandie at The Country Cook.

• Brenda replied on June 27th, 2013 at 7:29 am

Thank you, Sarah – I had so much fun meeting Brandi!!

Shaina — June 26, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I used to beg for kabobs as a child. They carry this childhood nostalgia with them, and I love the dressing-as-marinade here.

• Brenda replied on June 27th, 2013 at 7:22 am

My sisters just arrived with their kids for a few days, and we served kebabs last night. They were such a fun hit for our tribe. Not one piece of kebab left over! Hope your summer is off to a great start, Shaina. xo

Bethany — June 27, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I made these tonight and they were fantastic! My husband and sons loved them.
    Thank you for this terrific recipe!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — June 28, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Love the honey chipotle flavor combo!

Michael Kemp — May 10, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Made this two days ago and am still thinking about them. The combination is great, and it appeals to even my pickiest eater. Thank you.

• Brenda replied on May 12th, 2014 at 11:32 am

Wonderful! So glad you liked this recipe. Thanks for coming back to let me know!

1. Pingback: Meal Planning Monday | Clover Valley BeefClover Valley Beef

2. Pingback: Herby Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Grapes and Shallots » a farmgirl's dabbles

3. Pingback: 10 Kebabs Recipes {#FarmgirlFaves} » a farmgirl's dabbles

4. Pingback: 4th of July Kebobs: 14 Recipes from Breakfast Through Dessert | FamilyCorner.com®