Pink Lemonade Margarita (Pink Senorita Cocktail)
A pretty-in-pink, softer twist on a traditional margarita, this Pink Lemonade Margarita (or Pink Senorita Cocktail) is made with lemons instead of limes. It’s refreshing summertime perfection!
The Best Pink Senorita Cocktail
I love margaritas. It’s as simple as that.
The tart lime, the tequila, and the salt-rimmed glass. It’s just “me”.
So let me introduce to you the Pink Lemonade Margarita, also known as a Pink Senorita Cocktail. This drink has a fun little twist on your traditional marg, as it ditches the usual limes for lemons. You already know how much I love limes…yet this “margarita” still makes its way to my favorites list. I never thought I’d like the lemon so much – but I was happy to be proven wrong!
Since it’s made with lemons instead of lime as well as the addition of pink lemonade, this cocktail is softer than a classic margarita recipe. (People who don’t usually like margaritas should definitely give this a try!)
This is the perfect pretty-in-pink sipper for enjoying an evening with girlfriends, celebrating Mother’s Day or the 4th of July, or simply relaxing on the porch on a summer afternoon!
What You’ll Need
For this refreshing tequila lemonade cocktail, you’ll need just 5 ingredients.
- Raspberry lemonade – Either freshly made or you can get a bottle from the store. I recommend a not-from-concentrate lemonade from the refrigerated section, like the Simply Lemonade brand.
- Blanco tequila – Choose a decent quality tequila. It doesn’t have to be top shelf but avoid the cheapest options for sure.
- Lemon – You’ll need some freshly squeezed juice plus a few slices for garnishes.
- Orange liqueur – I prefer Cointreau, but Triple Sec or Grand Marnier also work. Use whatever you prefer or have on hand.
How to Make a Pink Lemonade Margarita
One of the reasons to love this pink senorita cocktail, besides the fact it tastes amazing, is that it’s so easy to make! You can also easily use this recipe to make big batch margaritas (scroll down for specific instructions).
- Combine the ingredients. Add the raspberry lemonade, tequila, lemon juice, and orange liqueur to a glass and give it a swirl. Then add crushed ice to fill the glass.
- Garnish. Add some fresh raspberries and lemon slices as pretty garnish. It’s also fun to tuck in a sprig of fresh mint. ENJOY!
Bubbly Drink Variations
It’s so fun to add bubbles to margaritas! Here are a couple of versions that I like:
- Club soda adds a bubbly effect that’s super refreshing. It also dials back the alcohol percentage, which makes it fabulous for an afternoon of summer porch sitting. Simply use a bigger glass than you normally would for this drink, and then top it off with chilled club soda.
- Prosecco and Champagne lend an extra level of celebration to this pretty pink drink, making it especially lovely for Mother’s Day or a special girlfriend gathering. If this sounds good to you, be sure to also look up my Prosecco Margaritas, which is a very popular recipe here!
What to Serve With a Margarita
A great Mexican meal always puts me in the mood for a margarita. Here are some of my family’s favorite Mexican recipes that would be perfect with your pink lemonade margarita (or any margarita!).
- Grilled Margarita Shrimp – I could eat this every single week, one of my top favorite recipes!
- Taco Salad with Creamy Taco Dressing – Our family loves this fun meal. It’s also a favorite when our kids have friends over.
- Grilled Chipotle-Orange Salmon – So pretty and flavorful, a favorite when we entertain.
- Carnitas – Our kids LIVE FOR this meal, it’s amazing!
- Easy Fish Tacos with Roasted Pineapple – So pretty and delicious, plus it’s super easy to make and clean up.
- Roasted Mexican Cauliflower – A fun, flavorful side.
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – So much flavor, and can be made with meat or as a vegetarian meal.
How to Make a Pitcher of Pink Senorita Cocktails
This tequila lemonade cocktail recipe is easy to double, triple, quadruple, etc. This works great for entertaining, when you want to serve something special but don’t want to take time away from your guests to mix individual drinks.
To make a big-batch recipe for entertaining, add to a pitcher:
- 32 ounces raspberry lemonade
- 12 ounces tequila
- 8 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces orange liqueur
Chill the pitcher in the refrigerator for a few hours, until your guests arrive. And prepare your garnishes – cut fresh lemon slices, gather raspberries, etc.
To serve, add ice to individual glasses and pour the margarita mix over the ice. Give a stir to incorporate and further chill the drinks, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and raspberries. Add a sprig of mint if you like! This amount will give you eight cocktails.
More Margarita Recipes:
I wasn’t kidding about my love for the margarita. Check more of my margarita recipes here!
- Classic Margarita, the basic margarita cocktail, start here!
- Rhubarb Margarita, fun (and super pretty!) in spring and summer, when rhubarb is plentiful.
- Spicy Cucumber Margarita, I love the combo of cucumber and jalapeno!
- Prosecco Margaritas, a big-batch recipe…with bubbles!
- Jalapeno Mezcal Margarita, a fabulous smoky-spicy combination.
- Orange Margarita, my “wintertime margarita”, when citrus is ultra wonderful – but enjoy this any time of the year!
- Margarita Recipe for One and a Crowd, perfect for entertaining!
- Ranch Water, I call this my “skinny margarita”!
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
- 4 ounces raspberry lemonade (I use Simply Lemonade with Raspberry, a not-from-concentrate variety found in the refrigerated section)
- 1.5 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur - I prefer Cointreau, but Triple Sec or Grand Marnier are good substitutions
- Lemon slices and raspberries for garnish - fresh mint is also fun!
- To a glass, add raspberry lemonade, tequila, lemon juice, and orange liqueur. Add crushed ice to nearly fill the glass. Stir the drink for a few seconds to incorporate, dilute, and chill the drink.
- Garnish with lemon slices and raspberries. Add a sprig of fresh mint if you like!
To add a bubbly effect, use a larger glass and hen top off the drink with chilled club soda. This is super refreshing and dials back the alcohol percentage. You could also top off the drink with chilled Prosecco or Champagne!
To make a big-batch recipe for entertaining, add to a pitcher: 32 ounces raspberry lemonade, 12 ounces tequila, 8 ounces lemon juice, 4 ounces orange liqueur. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Prepare garnishes. To serve, add ice to glasses and pour margarita mix over ice, then garnish. Makes 8 drinks.
adapted from delish.com
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 40gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
This post was previously published in 2020, and then updated in 2022.