Cinnamon-Spiced Eggnog White Russian
This Cinnamon-Spiced Eggnog White Russian recipe is a fun twist on the classic vodka cocktail. Made with eggnog, coffee liqueur, vodka, and a beautiful homemade cinnamon syrup – you’re gonna love it!
A Cinnamon-y White Russian Recipe
This lightly creamy Cinnamon-Spiced Eggnog White Russian is just the loveliest. With eggnog sitting in for the traditional cream, plus a gorgeous homemade cinnamon syrup, I welcome this decadent cocktail all winter long!
Whether you make your own eggnog or buy it from the store, this warmly spiced drink is a wintertime delight, and so fun for the holidays!
If you like a celebratory eggnog drink like I do, be sure to also check out this eggnog cocktail. It’s extra cold and creamy, blended with ice cream. And it includes a bit of Amaretto (almond liqueur), which I love!
Eggnog White Russian Ingredients
The cinnamon syrup makes this drink extra special, beautifully warm and inviting. Here’s everything you’ll need to make a cinnamon-spiced eggnog white Russian!
To make the cocktail:
- Cinnamon syrup – Very easy to make. Keep it on hand for flavoring all your favorite wintertime drinks – coffee (hot and iced), tea, and other cocktails!
- Kahlúa – This is my coffee liqueur of choice, but feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Vodka – Whatever you normally like to drink will work fine here.
- Eggnog – I’m using my own homemade eggnog in this cocktail (it’s SO GOOD!), but store-bought works as well. Just keep in mind that you may want to adjust how much cinnamon syrup you use based on the sweetness of the eggnog.
To make the cinnamon sugar rim:
If you’d like to go the extra mile with this drink, rim your glasses with cinnamon sugar. It’s not only pretty, but it tastes wonderful! You’ll need:
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
How to Add a Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- Combine. In a shallow bowl, combine the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Dip, dip. Dip the rims of glasses into water and then dip the rims into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
How To Make a White Russian with Kahlúa & Eggnog
Once you make this white Russian with eggnog, you’ll never want to make it any other way!
- Combine. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the vodka, Kahlúa, eggnog, and cinnamon syrup.
- Shake. Cover the shaker tightly and shake for 30 seconds, or until the drink is thoroughly chilled.
- Strain. Pour drink through the strainer, into glasses. Top with additional ice, if desired.
Garnish. Add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, or star anise, if desired.
I like to play around with flavors. Does that come as any surprise?! Here are a few ways you could change up this cocktail:
- Make it less boozy. Vodka adds an extra punch to the drink. Feel free to reduce the vodka or leave it out entirely.
- Make it more boozy. I always like a little brandy in my eggnog, for its warm notes. It’d be very nice in this white Russian as well.
- Switch up the vodka. Use vanilla vodka for more of that wonderful vanilla flavor. Or cinnamon vodka, for all you cinnamon lovers out there!
- Make it extra creamy. For extra decadence, add a splash of heavy cream or half & half.
- Add more spice. Nutmeg would also be lovely in this drink. Grate a bit of fresh nutmeg over the top, right before serving. Ohhhh, the fragrance of freshly grated nutmeg!
- Add sweetness. Top your drinks with a big swirl of whipped cream. And how about a cherry, too?!
Big Batch Cocktail Proportions
This drink is perfect for holiday entertaining. And I appreciate the ease of creating my homemade cocktails ahead of time, with pitcher proportions. Here’s what you’ll need for a pitcher of eggnog white Russian:
- 2 cups Kahlúa
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cinnamon syrup
Just measure these ingredients into a pitcher and store the big batch cocktail in the fridge for up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, give the pitcher a stir and then shake individual portions with ice!
More Winter Cocktail Recipes
Here are a few more of my favorite winter-y cocktails. Some are served hot, while others use winter’s best fruits or feature warmth from whiskey, bourbon etc.
- Hot Buttered Rum Coffee
- Pomegranate Gin and Tonic
- Bourbon Margarita
- Rosemary Greyhound Cocktail
- Whiskey Sour
- Mexican Coffee
- Orange Margarita
- Old Fashioned with bacon bourbon
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
for the cinnamon sugar rim:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
for the cocktail:
- 4 ounces Kahlúa
- 4 ounces homemade eggnog (or substitute your favorite store brand)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cinnamon syrup, or to taste
- Optional garnishes: ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, star anise
- For the cinnamon sugar rim: In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim of two lowball glasses into water, then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set aside.
- To make the cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the Kahlúa, eggnog, vodka, and cinnamon syrup. Shake for 30 seconds, or until the drink is thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glasses and top with additional ice, if desired.
- Garnish each drink with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, or star anise.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.