This Tequila Mojito is a refreshing and easy tequila cocktail recipe that’s made with just 5 ingredients. It’s a twist on the classic Caribbean mojito and tastes just like a margarita with mint. Absolutely perfect for hot summer days!
Refreshing & Easy Mojito with Tequila
This Tequila Mojito is the perfect summer cocktail. It’s light and refreshing in a tall glass, muddled with fresh mint and topped off with bubbly club soda.
A mojito with tequila takes the classic mojito recipe and simply replaces the rum with tequila. While rum is normally the star of the mojito show, tequila is definitely not a bad replacement! If you’re a tequila fan – like I am! – I daresay you’ll enjoy this more than the classic version.
Tequila just pairs so well with the mint and lime flavors in this drink. It tastes a lot like a classic margarita with the addition of mint. Yes, please!
What is a Mojito?
The mojito is a classic cocktail that originated in Cuba. It’s typically made with white rum, limes, mint, and club soda for a refreshing, citrusy-mint drink with a hint of sweetness.
This recipe is a twist on that classic recipe, replacing the rum with a silver tequila while keeping the other ingredients the same.
What You’ll Need
There are just 5 ingredients in this easy tequila cocktail.
- Lime – You’ll need freshly squeezed lime juice plus additional lime wheels or wedges for garnish.
- Simple syrup – Use more or less to control the sweetness of the mojito.
- Mint leaves – Muddle mint in the glass and add some in for garnish as well.
- Tequila – Any good quality blanco or silver tequila will work great
- Club soda – For light,refreshing bubbles!
How to Make a Tequila Mojito
Here’s how to make this super simple mojito with tequila.
- Muddle the mint. Add the lime juice, simple syrup, and mint leaves to a glass. Muddle to release the flavors of the mint leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Fill the glass 3/4 with ice. Add the tequila and club soda. Taste test and add more lime or simple syrup as needed. Then enjoy!
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for the best tequila mojito.
- Fresh ingredients are key. From the limes to the mint, be sure that all the fresh ingredients are in great shape.
- Use a quality tequila. Similarily, you want to be sure to use a quality tequila. It doesn’t have to be top-shelf liquor, but stay away from the cheapest bottles.
- Make sure the club soda is cold. I always like to chill the soda before adding it to the drink. It keeps it cool and refreshing for longer, and doesn’t start melting the ice cubes right away!
- Adjust the flavor. The flavor of your tequila cocktail can be adjusted by adding more lime for tartness, more simple syrup for sweetness, or club soda for lightness.
Other Mojito Variations
Like all cocktails that have been around for a while, there are many mojito variations. This tequila mojito itself is one of them! Whether you choose to stick with a classic mojito or try a mojito with tequila, here are a few ways to switch it up:
- Add some fruit. While classic mojitos are made with mint, there are many variations that include muddling a number of fruits, with or without the mint. Try watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, or even pineapple.
- Make it frozen. For a cooling treat, add the ingredients to the blender for a frozen tequila mojito.
- Try ginger ale. Some make their mojitos with ginger ale instead of club soda. It does give the drink a different flavor, with more sweetness, but for those who like ginger ale, it’s definitely a winner!
- Substitute vodka or gin. If you’d rather not use rum or tequila, give vodka or gin a try!
More Cocktail Recipes:
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
Made with just 5 ingredients, this Tequila Mojito is a refreshing and easy tequila cocktail recipe. It's a twist on the classic Caribbean mojito and tastes just like a margarita with mint. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 1½ ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup, or more to taste
- 8 to 10 large mint leaves
- 2 ounces good quality blanco or silver tequila
- 2 to 6 ounces cold club soda
- lime wheels or wedges and additional mint for garnish, optional
- Add lime juice, simple syrup, and mint leaves to a tall glass, and then muddle the mint leaves with the back of a spoon.
- Fill the glass 3/4-full with ice. Then add tequila and club soda, and stir to blend. Taste and adjust, adding more lime juice for tartness or simple syrup for sweetness. Use more club soda for a lighter, bubbly drink.
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels or wedges, plus more fresh mint, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 10gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.