Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Raspberries
Cheesecake is one of my very favorite things. And I’m happy to say that it goes over extremely well with the rest of the peeps who dwell here, too. Otherwise I’d never make it, for fear of eating the whole pan myself!
I love a tall cheesecake, baked up round and gorgeous in a springform pan. But sometimes cheesecake just calls for simplicity. A smaller labor of love in the kitchen, and a little less cream cheese that goes straight to my hips.
Those are the times that I’m looking for a cheesecake recipe in the form of bars.
And when we have our hands full of plump juicy raspberries, picked right from our garden, well we just have to go with the flow…
These Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Raspberries are quick to put together, and their lighter texture is perfect for the warmth of summer. I love their puckery lemon flavor, dotted with sweet pockets of ruby raspberries. They are oh so pretty, and look and taste especially lovely when served with a dollop of freshly whipped sweet cream.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Raspberries
These Lemon Cheesecake Bars with Raspberries are quick to put together, and their lighter texture is perfect for the warmth of summer.
- for the crust:
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 T. unsalted butter, melted
- for the filling:
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- lemon zest from 2 large lemons
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- If you want to be able to cut very precise bars...fold a 16'' long piece of foil to an 8'' x16'' strip and place in an 8'' square baking pan, leaving overhang on 2 sides. Repeat with another sheet of foil in opposite direction, lining pan completely. Spray bottom of foil lightly with nonstick spray and set aside. This will enable you to lift the bars out of the pan before cutting. If you don't mind a little imperfection in cutting the bars, skip the whole foil bit and just spray the bottom of your pan.
for the crust:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir to completely combine. Press evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Set on a wire rack to cool.
for the filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 or 2 minutes. Add the eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Spread mixture evenly over the baked crust and tap the pan gently on the counter to settle it in. Scatter the top with raspberries and press them into the cheesecake filling, just enough to cover them.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until cheesecake wobbles just slightly in the center, and the edges are just a bit golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Then place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to chill thoroughly. Once set, carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan by pulling up on the foil lining. Slice into bars.
from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
Here are some more raspberry treats you may like:
- Old-World Raspberry Bars from Land O’Lakes
- (Very) Rustic Four Berry Pie from Rachel Cooks
- Raspberry Walnut Tart from Simply Recipes
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Angel Food Cake with Summer Berry Sauce
- Raspberry Blackberry Freezer Jam
Cheesecake is my number one favorite dessert. This looks so fabulous!
I’m a sucker and a half for anything cheesecake. I can’t be trusted alone with it either.
Beautiful berries and bars!
Perfect summery cheesecake! Love raspberries and lemon together!
These are so perfect for summer. Lovely treat!
Such a delicious combo! These are stunning!
These sound so yummy! And they look so pretty with the raspberries inside!
One of my favorite combinations!!
Oh my, these bars looks so refreshing, and rich, at the same time!!
How gorgeous! and delicious! You make me want to grow raspberries :)
I’ve never made cheesecake bars and cheesecake I’ve made only twice I think. Time to revisit this lovely dessert.
Beautiful bars, I love the raspberry center!
These look delicious! =)
Pinning to save right away!
Oh My Goodness! It’s like raspberry lemonade cheesecake. Graham is going to love this. It’s got all of his favorites. Thanks so much, Brenda!
Yay! I hope he likes them!! :)
These are so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing my link, too! xo
I just love how pretty these are, wish I could reach right out and grab one..or ten!
I think you just described my perfect cheesecake, Brenda! These look irresistible!
Wow! What a beautiful dessert! Lemon and raspberries are perfect together. I’ll grab some raspberries at the local Farmer’s market this weekend and this will be on the table soon. I sure miss having raspberry bushes in the garden like we did when I was young. There is nothing better than picking them straight from the bush to the table.
These look DELICIOUS and beautiful. Love when a dessert turns out just as pretty as it does tasty. : )
Lemon & Raspberries are marvelous together ..