Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Perfectly creamy and flavorful, these Oreo Cheesecake Bites are absolutely divine. This is a mini cheesecake recipe anyone can make, as it requires just 7 ingredients and no water bath or special pan!
If you love mini cheesecakes you should also try my Nutella Cheesecake Brownie Bites!
Easy Mini Cheesecake Bites
If you’ve been looking for an easy homemade cheesecake, this Oreo Cheesecake Bites recipe is for YOU. This sweet treat is perfectly creamy and flavorful – and I can’t resist the bites of Oreo cookie!
These mini Oreo cheesecakes require just 7 ingredients. And there are no complicated steps, no water bath, and you don’t even need a springform pan. If you’ve been hesitant to try making cheesecake before now, this is the recipe to try!
What You’ll Need
A great cheesecake doesn’t need a long ingredients list. This recipe has just 7 ingredients!
- Oreo cookies – Just use regular Oreos for these mini cheesecakes, no need to get the double stuffed ones.
- Butter – Melt it and then let it cool.
- Cream cheese – Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese for the best, creamiest texture. Let it soften to room temperature before starting.
- Sour cream – Adds to that classic cheesecake tang and offers a lighter texture.
- Vanilla extract
- Eggs – These help to hold everything together and give form to the cheesecake bites.
- Garnishes – I like to add whipped cream with some crushed Oreo cookie or sprinkles!
What Pan Should I Use?
This recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Bites is a breeze to make. No special springform pan or water bath is needed. If you have a 13″ x 9″ pan and a desire to eat a cheesecake made by your own two hands, this recipe is for you!
But…if you’d actually like to make this cheesecake in a springform pan, I’ve also included instructions in the recipe card. This makes the cheesecake slightly taller, a bit more dense, and even a bit “fancy”. I use a 10″ springform pan and it turns out PERFECT!
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Here’s how to make these super easy mini cheesecake bites!
- Make the Oreo crust. Pulse 30 of the Oreos until finely ground then add the butter. Press mixture into the pan.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese and sugar, then add the sour cream and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Bake. Chop the remaining cookies and fold them into the filling – then pour the mixture over the crust and sprinkle some cookie crumbs over the top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.)
- Serve. Use the foil handles to remove the cheesecake from the pan. I cut mine into mini cheesecake bites that are about 1-1/2″ squares, but yours can be whatever size desired. Top with whipped cream and some cookie crumbs or sprinkles if desired – and enjoy!
What Is The Texture Of These Cheesecake Bites?
The Oreo cheesecake bites are light in texture, yet very rich and creamy. They’re really quite perfect!
I like to top the squares with swirls of whipped cream, plus some Oreo cookie crumbs or sprinkles – all add additional texture to the cheesecake.
Note that if you are using a springform pan, the cheesecake will be taller and will have a more dense and creamy texture.
When I first made these cheesecake bites, it was for a baby shower. I topped each one with a dollop of whipped cream and finished it off with some blue sprinkles, as the parents-to-be were expecting a boy.
You could easily use pink sprinkles for a girl’s baby shower, patriotic red-white-and-blue for the 4th of July, school colors for a graduation party, red & green for Christmas, or any other festive sprinkles you’d like for absolutely any occasion!
For everyday purposes, I usually just add some whipped cream and Oreo cookie crumbs. But do whatever your heart desires!
How to Store & Freeze
- How to store. Oreo cheesecake bites can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store them plain, before adding any whipped cream or other toppings – then add those just before serving, if desired. Keep in a covered container.
- Can I freeze these? Like most cheesecakes, these cheesecake bites freeze very well. Allow them to chill completely in the fridge, then place them in a freezer-safe container in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
- Perfectly Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Black and White Cheesecake Bars
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownie Bites
- Lemon & Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
- 42 regular Oreo cookies, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- whipped cream and sprinkles, optional garnishes
- Heat oven to 325° F. Line a 13" x 9" pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides, and set aside.
- In food processor, pulse 30 of the Oreos (use the whole cookie) until finely ground. Drizzle in melted butter and blitz a few times to evenly combine. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla, and mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each, just until blended.
- Roughly chop remaining cookies (reserve all the tiny cookie crumbs for next step) and gently fold them into the batter. Pour mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle top of batter with reserved tiny cookie crumbs. And then bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Remove from oven and let cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting into bars. Mine are cut into 1-1/2" squares, but you can make them bigger or smaller, whatever you like.
If you'd like to use a springform pan, grab a round 10" springform pan with tall sides. Wrap heavy foil around the bottom and up the sides. Use the same ingredients and instructions as if you were using a 9" x 13" pan. The only thing that will be different is that the baking time will need to increase, as this variation in the springform pan will yield a much thicker cheesecake. Bake until the center is almost set, about 80 minutes (1 hour and 20 minutes).
adapted from Kraft
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
This post was originally published in 2016, then updated in 2022.