Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
This Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is a decadent treat for coffee and chocolate lovers. Based on the popular Starbucks beverage, this copycat recipe features coffee, chocolate, and Oreos, all blended with ice. It’s like a chocolate OREO milkshake with coffee!
Copycat Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
If you’re craving something decadent and refreshing, with a side of caffeine, this Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino covers all the bases. It’s like a chocolate OREO milkshake with coffee!
This Starbucks copycat recipe includes coffee, milk, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and OREO cookies – all blended with ice. The blended drink is served in a tall glass topped with whipped cream and Oreo cookie crumbles – gorgeous!!
It’s a fun drink to make at home, requires just a few simple ingredients, and is very easy to customize. For example, you can adjust the sweetness and consistency to your liking, and use different types of milk or sweeteners if you prefer.
Even if you’re not a huge coffee drinker, this is one of those drinks that’ll leave you wanting just one more sip!
Why You’ll Love This Drink Recipe
Once you make this mocha cookie crumble frap at home, you’ll want to put it on your regular drink menu! Here’s why:
- Quick & easy. Once your coffee is cooled, this drink takes just a few minutes to prepare. We often keep a jar of brewed coffee in the fridge just for this drink, so it’s ready to go whenever the craving hits. You could also just substitute the brewed coffee with cold brew or a dark iced coffee.
- Rich, decadent flavor & texture. This cookie crumble frappuccino will satisfy both your caffeine AND your sweets craving. If you love coffee and chocolate, this drink’s for YOU!
- Easy to customize. Even better, you can easily customize this drink based on your preferred flavor, texture, etc.
- Budget friendly. Those Starbucks drinks aren’t cheap. So copycat recipes like this are awesome to have around, to make the drinks at home for a much lower cost.
What’s in a Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
This Starbucks copycat frappuccino recipe is made with a short ingredients list that includes all the usual suspects, like chocolate, Oreos, and, of course, coffee.
Scroll down to the (printable) recipe card below for ingredient measurements and full instructions.
- Whipped cream – I add some to the bottom of each glass for an added layer of extra creamy texture, and then finish off the drink with more.
- Chocolate syrup – Regular Hershey’s chocolate syrup works great, or use homemade hot fudge sauce. Layer it in at the bottom of the glass, blend it into the drink, and drizzle some over the top for garnish.
- Coffee – I like to use cold brew. You could also brew a strong cup of coffee or some espresso and let it cool in the fridge or freezer.
- Milk – Whole milk is my top choice but any milk you prefer will do.
- Chocolate chips – The chopped chocolate chips add texture and more chocolate flavor in these frappuccinos. Use a good quality brand for the best flavor.
- Oreos – You can’t have a cookie crumble frappuccino without these famous chocolate sandwich cookies! They are in the blended portion of the drink and crumbles are sprinkled over the top for garnish.
- Vanilla extract – For additional flavor.
- Ice cubes – This is a blended frappuccino drink, so all ingredients are blended with ice until the ice is chopped super small and incorporated throughout the drink. Kind of like a coarse ice slushy.
- Toppings – I add whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and more crumbled Oreos. Because garnishes make this drink a feast for the eyes as well!
How to Make a Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
Here’s how to make your very own mocha cookie crumble frappuccino drinks at home, in just a few minutes.
- Prepare the bottom layer. Add a layer of whipped cream and chocolate syrup to the bottom of 2 tall glasses, then set glasses in the fridge to chill.
- Blend the ingredients. In a high-speed blender, combine the cold brew, milk, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, chopped Oreos, and vanilla. Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Pour blended drink over the whipped cream and chocolate syrup layer in the chilled glasses. Top with garnishes as desired. Enjoy immediately, while it’s at its icy best!
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips for making your own homemade cookie crumble frappuccino, as well as a few ways to customize the drink.
- Adjust the sweetness. You can make this drink more or less sweet by the amount of chocolate syrup you add.
- Adjust the consistency. Similarly, you can adjust the consistency of your frappuccino by preparing it with more or fewer ice cubes. Depending on the size and density of your ice cubes, you may want to add more ice to achieve a thicker consistency. You’ll want to use a high-speed blender that can easily chop ice.
- Try different types of milk. You can easily make this drink with oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, or whatever milk substitute you prefer. Even chocolate milk, for chocolate overload!
- If you don’t have cold brew. If you plan to make a frappuccino as an afternoon pick-me-up, and you don’t have cold brew, simply brew some strong coffee or an espresso in the morning and refrigerate it until needed.
- Add ice cream. For extra cold, creamy decadence, throw in a scoop or two of vanilla (or chocolate or chocolate chip or coffee-flavored) ice cream! You might need to add in a bit more milk to get it to blend properly.
When it comes to topping your copycat Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappuccino, feel free to be as decadent as you’d like with the toppings!
You can keep it simple and enjoy as-is or top it with some whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed Oreos.
Is There Caffeine In A Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
Yes, the Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappuccino does contain coffee, so it does have caffeine.
If you prefer to not include caffeine, you can always brew a strong cup of decaf, chill it, and use that instead. You’ll still get that delicious coffee flavor.
It’s best to enjoy your frozen frappuccino immediately, for the very best ice-cold, blended texture.
- Freezer. But if you have an extra one, you can freeze it for later (before adding toppings). You may want to reblend it to regain the desired consistency.
More Coffee Drink Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Mexican Coffee (cocktail)
- Hot Buttered Rum Coffee (cocktail)
- Espresso Martini (cocktail)
Like this Recipe? Save to Pinterest
- 1 cup whipped cream - such as Reddi Wip or homemade
- 5 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 cup cold brew - or strongly brewed coffee or an espresso, chilled
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips - regular or mini
- 8 roughly chopped Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In the bottom of each of 2 tall glasses, place ¼ cup of the whipped cream, then add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate syrup. Set glasses in the fridge to chill while you make the drink.
- In a high-speed blender that can blend ice, combine cold brew, milk, chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, most of the chopped Oreos (reserve a bit for garnish), and vanilla extract. Blitz a few times to combine.
- Add ice cubes to blender and blend until smooth. Depending on the size and density of your ice cubes, you may want to add more ice to get the drink to a thicker consistency.
- Divide blended drink evenly between the chilled glasses, pouring it over the layer of whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with remaining whipped cream, remaining chocolate syrup, and reserved chopped Oreos. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 4gSugar: 64gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.