Million Dollar Dip
Million Dollar Dip is creamy, cheesy, and super easy to make. With cheddar cheese, bacon, and almonds, it’s a fun party dip that everyone will love. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or sturdy cut vegetables!
Easy Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip
Oh, hey! Just me, adding another delicious party recipe to the archives. You’re gonna LOVE this Million Dollar Dip recipe!
But this million dollar dip? It just might be THE party recipe – for any and every occasion. It’s PACKED with flavor, loaded with bacon and cheese. I’m never surprised when this appetizer disappears so quickly from the bowl.
And it takes just 15 minutes to assemble. What more can a person possibly ask for?!
What Is Million Dollar Dip?
You might know Million Dollar Dip as “Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip” – a popular savory dip made with just a few ingredients.
The recipe originally appeared in Helen Corbitt’s Cookbook under “Almond-Bacon-Cheese Spread”. But its popularity rocketed after the Zodiac Room at Neiman Marcus served it as a dip.
The original recipe has just 5 ingredients – mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, almonds, and green onions. My version has just a few extras that really amp up the flavor, while still staying true to the dip’s roots.
It really does taste like a million dollars! Ha!
This creamy, cheesy party dip is made with just a handful of ingredients and a few seasonings. Scroll down to the recipe card for measurements.
- Cream cheese – The hero ingredient of most creamy dips!
- Mayonnaise – Use real mayo here, not a “salad dressing” like Miracle Whip. While technically you can substitute it for Greek yogurt or sour cream, I highly recommend sticking with mayo for the best flavor and texture.
- Garlic powder – An easy way to get in some delicious garlic flavor. Be sure to use garlic powder, not garlic salt!
- Worcestershire sauce – Adds a little oomph of delicious savory flavor.
- Kosher salt
- Green onions – These add a milder, brighter flavor than regular onions and just a slight crunch. I also like the fresh green color.
- Sharp cheddar cheese – If you can, shred your own cheese. This will give a better texture than pre-shredded cheese. (but not a requirement!)
- Bacon – Because what isn’t made better by some bacon?!
- Slivered almonds – This ingredient surprises a lot of people. But it adds a lovely crunch and flavor, and really makes this party dip stand out. I recommend toasting them, for even more flavor and crunch.
Variations & Tips
Here are a few different variations of this popular dip recipe.
- Add more flavor. Try adding some ranch or Italian seasoning (or your other favorite seasonings) to bump up the flavor – just be aware that you may need to adjust for saltiness. Sometimes I add freshly ground black pepper.
- Add some veggies. This dip would be great with some finely diced bell pepper. You could use any color you like.
- Use different cheese. Sharp cheddar is the most popular, and my top choice. But you can also make this with a medium or mild cheddar, aged gouda, or gruyere.
- Use bacon bits. Instead of cooking and chopping your own bacon, you can use “real” bacon bits. It’ll save you some prep time for sure.
- Use precooked bacon. When I cook bacon, I often make more than I’ll need for a meal or recipe. This way, I can store some in the freezer for recipes like this, which is super easy and convenient.
How to Make Million Dollar Dip
Neiman Marcus dip comes together in less than 15 minutes. It doesn’t get easier than this!
- Combine the ingredients. Stir together the cream cheese, mayo, garlic powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in the green onions, cheese, bacon, and almonds (set aside a small amount for garnish).
- Chill. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours to let the flavors mingle.
- Garnish & enjoy. Garnish with reserved green onions, cheese, crumbled bacon, and almonds. Serve and enjoy!
Serve your Neiman Marcus dip chilled, directly from the fridge. It’ll be thick and creamy. You can enjoy it with pretty much any dipper but a few favorites include:
- Buttery crackers, such as Ritz, Townhouse, etc.
- Tortilla chips
- Bell pepper
If serving this at a party, don’t leave it out much longer than 2 hours, due to the mayo. Be sure to keep it out of heat and direct sunlight as well.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover million-dollar dip can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Just give it a good stir before serving. There’s no need to let it come to room temperature, it can be enjoyed straight from the fridge.
I do not recommend trying to freeze this.
More Easy Party Dip Recipes:
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Layered Creamy Chili Shrimp Dip
- Pizza Dip
- Cheesy Corn and Sausage Dip
- Shrimp Dip
- Queso Blanco
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!
- 1 cup (6 ounces) cream cheese
- 1½ cups good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Morton kosher salt, or to taste
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup slivered roasted or toasted almonds
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in green onions, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and slivered
almonds, reserving a small portion of these ingredients for garnish.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to let the flavors mingle.
- Before serving, garnish with additional green onions, cheddar cheese, bacon, and almonds.
Serve with your favorite crackers, chips, and/or sturdy cut vegetables.
This dip can be made several hours in advance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 631mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.