Morgan’s Buffalo Chicken Dip

If you like buffalo wings in traditional buffalo wing style, here’s a recipe for you!

My friend, Morgan, had been talking about this dip for quite some time before I actually asked her for the recipe.  And when my sister’s family was here over Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to give it a shot.  After feeding the kids lunch, Blake and I sat down with Jessica and her husband, Scott, to a big bowl of this dip and a variety of dippers.  That’s all I made for our big kids lunch.  And we were happy as all get-out.  It was every bit as delicious as Morgan had described, and we devoured it in no time.

Do you know about Frank’s RedHot sauce?  It’s what gives this dip its buffalo wing sauce flavor.  And it is awesome!  I’ve always been accustomed to the Tabasco style hot sauce, and truthfully, I’m not the biggest of fans.  Then a friend turned me on to Frank’s, and our family has made this our condiment of choice.  We dash this bright and flavorful sauce on eggs, frozen pizza, and macaroni and cheese.  And it’s fantastic in this Zippy Chicken Mushroom Soup, featured by Kristen of Dine and Dish. (Thanks Kristen – this is now one of my family’s favorite soups!)

This dip could easily be enjoyed any time of year.  But what’s stopping you from trying it out this week?!  Impress your family and friends at your New Years celebration.  You’ll be crowned their 2011 hero.

Print Print Recipe

Morgan’s Buffalo Chicken Dip

Yield: about 4 cups

• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c. chunky blue cheese salad dressing
  • 1/2 c. Frank’s RedHot sauce
  • 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 12.5-oz. can Premium Chicken Breast in Water, drained

Heat oven to 350°.

Place cream cheese into baking dish.  Stir until smooth.  Mix in salad dressing, hot sauce, and shredded cheese.  Stir in chicken.  Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated throughout.  Place under broiler for a bit if you want to brown it slightly.

Serve with your favorite crackers, chips, or vegetables.  We prefer Fritos Scoops, carrots, and celery.

Morgan Mosiman‘s recipe box, adapted slightly from Frank’s RedHot original recipe.

25 Responses to “Morgan’s Buffalo Chicken Dip”

Angela — December 27, 2010 at 3:56 am

I LOVE this dip!!! I made it a week ago and fell in love, I swear I could eat a whole bowl and not feel bad. ;)

• farmgirl replied on December 27th, 2010 at 8:21 am

Hi Angela – I could probably eat a whole bowl, too! I’ve made this several times for different groups of family & friends, and it’s always a hit.

Stephanie Meyer (Fresth Tart) — December 27, 2010 at 9:10 am

YUM! This has Rose Bowl written all over it (go Badgers, ha!). I love clever recipes. Merry Christmas Brenda!

• farmgirl replied on December 29th, 2010 at 5:29 am

Definitely a good dish for football!! Hope you had a merry Christmas – Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing you in January.

Sara — December 27, 2010 at 10:09 pm

This is truly delish! I made a variation of it for Christmas Eve appetizers and served it with Chicken in a Biskit crackers and celery! I am anxious to try your version. Love it!

• farmgirl replied on December 29th, 2010 at 5:31 am

Great idea with Chicken in a Biskit crackers – will have to give that a try! Hope you had a very merry Christmas, and here’s to a happy New Year!

cheryl — December 30, 2010 at 6:35 am

I want some of this!!!!

• farmgirl replied on December 31st, 2010 at 10:52 am

Just waiting to return your hospitality! You visit = I make Buffalo Chicken Dip. :)

I am still in the process of pretending there are no calories. :-) So I will make this and enjoy it this week…… Then once calories count again {aka: next week}, I’ll look forward to making this dip for the SuperBowl! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you and your family a wonderful New Year!!!

• farmgirl replied on December 31st, 2010 at 10:50 am

And a very happy new year to you, too, Kim! All the best.

Gaby@GabHousewifeChronicles — October 31, 2011 at 9:36 am

I used your recipe, it is DELICIOUS! everybody loved it at our Halloween party last Saturday!! Thanks for sharing, here is my post: http://gabhousewife.blogspot.com/2011/10/buffalo-dip.html

lyuba — November 17, 2011 at 9:25 am

Awesome! I need to try it!

• farmgirl replied on November 18th, 2011 at 9:35 pm

If you like buffalo chicken, then yes – you DO need to try this. It’s amazing. And addictive!

Lyuba — November 22, 2011 at 8:14 am

I am making this tonight! Can’t wait. I will be posting this as a “copycat feature” on my blog! I will let you know when i post it :)

carol — March 8, 2012 at 11:22 am

I make this without the mozzarella cheese and using ranch dressing and it’s outstanding that way too. I also got real lazy and didn’t want to wait for it to bake so I mixed all the ingrediants together and microwaved the dip. It actually turned out really nice and creamy and you don’t get that too much cream cheese and not enough of the hot sauce issue.

• Brenda replied on March 8th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I’ve heard of people using different dressings in this…I’m going to have to try it! Thanks, Carol!

Betsy R — June 2, 2014 at 10:14 am

About what size is that baking dish? I am spatial challenged I like to say :) Is it about an 8 by 8 square or smaller?

• Brenda replied on June 4th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Hi Betsy – the dish shown in my photo is about 8″ square and 1-1/2″ deep. Hope you like this!

Betsy R — July 12, 2014 at 9:37 pm

MMMM Yum! Took this to a gathering tonight and received lots of praise and requests for the recipe! I did double the recipe and swapped out the blue cheese dressing for ranch instead. My sweet hubby requested that I make this again and soon.

• Brenda replied on July 14th, 2014 at 8:13 pm

We made this last weekend, too! So good!!

Laurie — August 25, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Have to try this! For how long did you microwave this Carol?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Do u like Franks RedHot Sauce? An irresistible recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip plus other suggestions 4 this fab sauce -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Joel’s Italian Stuffed Jalapenos