Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies
These Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies have a thin, crackly exterior that gives way to a soft, chewy center.
When it comes to peanut butter cookies, I prefer ones that are on the softer side. But you won’t see me turn down a crunchy milk-dipping one, either. As long as that awesome peanut butter flavor is shining through, I’m really not picky.
These Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies are a twist on a favorite recipe from my childhood. They’re delightful with a cold glass of milk. I suggest you grab the recipe, turn on the oven, and see for yourself!
* This post is sponsored by Peter Pan®.
Growing up, my mom liked to bake “peanut blossoms”. You know the cookie…where a ball of peanut butter dough is rolled through sugar and then a chocolate kiss is pressed into the top of the dough. They’re a classic, oftentimes found on cookie platters during the holidays.
So I took the basics of that recipe I hold so dear, swapped out shortening for butter, deleted the chocolate (I know! How could I?!), and created a simple little cookie that is all about the peanut butter.
This recipe uses Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter. And I’m going to be completely candid here, telling you that I’ve never been a fan of crunchy peanut butter, and that I’ve only bought it for recipes that have specifically called for it. So when Peter Pan asked me to share a recipe using their new Simply Ground peanut butters, I knew that I needed to give them a test run before I could commit.
And can I just say…I think Simply Ground is completely awesome. Where has this “crunchy” peanut butter been all my life?! The texture of Simply Ground is very different than other crunchy peanut butters, and so fun. It spreads on smoothly like a creamy peanut butter, but has a lightly crunchy texture that is incredibly likeable. Crave-worthy, even. And I’m not the only one in this family that thinks so. When I see our oldest daughter return from the pantry, preparing to make her after-school snack of crackers and peanut butter, you can bet that one of the Simply Ground peanut butter jars (they are available in Original and Honey Roast) is in her hand.
Other things I like about Simply Ground? The packaging. The jars have a shorter profile and a wide mouth, giving easy access to the peanut butter. I also like that the label offers a simple, recognizable ingredients list (packed with at least seven grams of protein per serving) and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
While I admit that we’ve mostly been enjoying Simply Ground spread onto crackers or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, these peanut butters also work beautifully in cooking and baking.
These Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies have a thin, crackly exterior, a result of rolling the dough in sugar before baking. And when you take a bite, you’re greeted by a soft, chewy center. It’s pure peanut butter comfort.
- 1/2 c. Peter Pan® Simply Ground Honey Roast Peanut Butter
- 4 T. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar and beat until combined, scraping down bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough, a scant tablespoon in size each, between the palms of your hands. Then roll dough balls in a small bowl of sugar to coat completely. Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly puffed and just start to crackle on top. To achieve a moist, chewy center, do not over bake. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to rack to cool completely.
recipe adapted from my mom’s recipe box
Nutrition Information:Yield: 42 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
This post is sponsored by Peter Pan. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.