Homemade Almond Coconut Granola
Homemade Almond Coconut Granola. It’ll change your breakfast bowl life.
I never really ate granola until just a few years ago. Until then, I knew granola as tough and cardboard-like, with flavors that tasted either unappealing or dare I say “fake”. But that’s because I had never made my own granola. I was buying it packaged from the store or trying it from a hotel breakfast buffet, always disappointed, left wondering what the hype was all about.
But then I started experimenting with making my own granola at home. And my life was forever changed.
This right here is my favorite tried-and-true granola recipe that I make over and over and over again. Homemade Almond Coconut Granola.
This homemade granola is all things perfect to me.
FLAVOR: Warm and toasty. Sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup, with the added flavors of almond, coconut, and a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
TEXTURE: Crisped perfectly, with no large hard chunks of break-a-tooth granola pieces here!
STORABILITY: Is that a word? I love that this granola keeps well for a good amount of time. Most often, we make a double batch.
When this homemade almond coconut granola is in the oven, the whole house is enveloped in its toasty scent. I always welcome its wonderfully comforting visit.
I like to add a handful of granola to any yogurt, but my current favorite combination is vanilla bean yogurt (Noosa brand) or coconut yogurt (Noosa or Trader Joe’s brand) with a swirl of homemade berry freezer jam and a sprinkling of fresh berries. I also adore any of the flavored Noosa yogurts, and enjoy them with a simple dose of this homemade granola.
Homemade almond coconut granola. It’ll change your breakfast bowl life.
- 3 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. shredded sweetened coconut
- 1.5 c. sliced almonds
- 5 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Spray an 11" x 17" rimmed baking pan lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and fold until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is nicely browned. If you like a crispy, crunchy granola, be sure to let it brown. If you like a more chewy texture, don't let it brown as much. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Note: This keeps very well in an airtight container. I often make a double batch, using two rimmed 11" x 17" baking pans.
from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.