Tomato and Ginger Salad
Our garden is climbing its fences. Literally!
The cucumber and mini pumpkin vines have gone crazy, taking over every last inch of space. Climbing over the fences and everything else we planted…you might have even heard me reprimanding those vines for threatening to strangle our beloved tomato plants.
(Yes, I do talk to my plants!)
Isn’t the month of August grand? With all its warm and sunny fresh veggie glory? It’s utterly delicious. And now, when the tomatoes are getting into full swing, it’s necessary to have a few simple recipes in your pocket, to fully relax and enjoy the fruits of your garden labor.
This Tomato and Ginger Salad comes together quickly, bursting with bright and tangy goodness. And when made with tomatoes of varying colors and shapes, it makes an especially pretty presentation. I rather fancy how this simple salad looks in the clear cut-glass dessert dishes that once belonged to my grandma. She recalls them being a wedding shower gift, back in 1943. I believe these dishes and this salad shall forever go hand in hand.
Looking for more great ways to eat tomatoes? Here you go!
- Green Bean, Cherry Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad – from Aggie’s Kitchen
- White Beans and Cherry Tomato Salad – from Simply Recipes
- Yellow Summer Squash with Blistered Tomatoes – from A Spicy Perspective
- Caprese Kabobs with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with Smoky Paprika Glaze
- Roasted Tomatoes with Basil and Thyme
- 4 c. halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 T. finely minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the tomatoes and toss gently to coat. Although you’ll be tempted to eat all of the salad right away, it really is better after it’s had a chance to sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two. I highly recommend letting the flavors mingle for a bit!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.