Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork
Slow cooked pork, fork-tender and saturated with flavor, is one of my favorite dishes of all time. Today I’m sharing this wonderful Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork recipe from Jill Holland, Chef Instructor at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. This recipe is included in the just released slow cooker cookbook “Where Slow Food and Whole Food Meet”, a labor of love that has been put together by my friends Christine and Jennifer, with brand new recipes contributed from an amazing group of food bloggers. Together, we are sharing our best slow cooker recipes and raising awareness for September’s Hunger Action Month with Feeding America. Won’t you please join us?
Over 30 food bloggers teamed up to put together a cookbook full of healthy and affordable slow cooker recipes. Here’s a great little video that features some of the recipes and bloggers involved. By purchasing your very own copy of “Where Slow Food and Whole Food Meet: Healthy Slow Cooker Dinners from our Kitchens to Yours”, you’ll not only be set for some amazing meals, but you’ll also be helping to fight hunger in America, with all book proceeds going to Second Harvest Food Bank.
My Slow Cooker Balsamic Orange Roast Beef is included in this new cookbook. You seriously don’t want to miss this recipe!
To help get the word out about hunger in America and this new cookbook, some generous sponsors jumped on board. Together, San Miguel Produce, Grimmway Farms, and Old Oak Farms by RPE Produce made contributions to help end hunger. They each contributed food to their local food banks, provided cookbooks for giveaways at each blogger’s site, PLUS they gave $5 for every print copy of the book that was sold, up to $600.
Slow cooker food means comfort food. Warm and delicious meals to satisfy our hunger.
This Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork offers a lovely twist of island inspired flavors that my entire family approves of. I had never before made a rub that incorporated freshly grated ginger, and it’s absolutely wonderful with the cloves and other spices involved.
With just a bit of a kick, this pulled pork recipe is a definite keeper. I especially like to eat the tender, juicy pork on a buttered and grilled bun, with a slathering of sauce – I quickly mixed up some mustard, BBQ sauce, and honey for this meal. With a side of my mom’s sweet refrigerator dill pickles, this meal is complete perfection.
You will find the recipe for this Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork below. For all the other awesome slow cooker recipes, purchase a copy of the cookbook from Amazon. Thank you so much!
Here is a list of all the participating bloggers and their contributed recipes – please visit them!
- Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Chicken, Potato and Barley Stew from Magnolia Days
- Autumn Apple Chicken Sandwiches from Chocolate & Carrots
- Pumpkin, Chicken and Spinach Tortellini Soup from An Edible Mosaic
- Thai Coconut Curry Beef and Broccoli from Food Faith Fitness
- Chicken Burrito Bowls from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Barbacoa Tacos from My Baking Heart
- Balsamic Orange Roast Beef from a farmgirl’s dabbles
- Cuban Seafood Stew from The Kitchen Prep
- Chinese Beef and Broccoli from Very Culinary
- Pork Meatballs in Marinara Sauce from Savvy Eats
- Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Around My Family Table
- Tex-Mex Scalloped Potato and Carrot Dinner from Cook the Story
- Cuban Black Bean Soup from Food n’ Focus
- Macaroni and Cheese With Sugar Snap Peas from Brooklyn Farm Girl
- Sweet and Spicy Carnitas from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pork Tenderloin Florentine from All Day I Dream About Food
- Thai Pork with Vermicelli Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mango Chicken from Stetted
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken from Mother Thyme
- Spiced Lentil Stew from Je suis alimentageuse
- Harvest Chili from WonkyWonderful
- Whole Tuscan Chicken from The Little Kitchen
- Vegetarian Pumpkin White Chili from Kitchen Treaty
- Sweet Italian Sausage and Peppers from Sweet Remedy
- Chicken Cacciatore from Poet in the Pantry
- Lentil, Sausage and Kale Stew from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Italian Beef Sandwiches from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Butternut Squash Vegetarian Chili from Nutmeg Nanny
Yield: 8 servings Prep Time:20 minutes Cook Time:8 hours
Slow Cooker Island Pulled Pork
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:8 hours
Thank you so much to Christine and Jennifer for organizing this awesome slow cooker cookbook. You have put a tremendous amount of heart and time and talent into this. Thank you also to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, Feeding America, Hamilton Beach, Old Oak Farms by RPE Produce, Grimmway Farms, and San Miguel Produce for all your time and generosity in helping to fight hunger in America.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. See our disclosure policy for more info.