Grilled Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Sausage Kebabs with Peppadews
Grilled Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Sausage Kebabs with Peppadews is an easy and ultra delicious grilled meal on a stick!
Summer is whizzing by, much faster than I prefer. But we’ve been having such a great staycation kind of summer – with backyard gatherings almost weekly, camping, bike rides, day trips, checking out new local restaurants and craft breweries, hosting our daughters’ sleepovers – it all just makes me smile.
I have been trying really, really hard this summer to work as minimally as possible while the girls are home. To just ENJOY my family and make more time for down time. It’s definitely not an easy goal to stay on top of, and I don’t always win at it, but one of the things that helps me along are tasty grilled meals that are prepped in quick fashion.
In the time it takes for Blake to heat up the grill, I can have these Grilled Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Sausage Kebabs with Peppadews skewered and ready to hit the hot grates. This is what I’m talkin’ about. Delicious and easy.
* This is a sponsored post, created in partnership with Gold’n Plump®.
I have been a fan of sausage for as long as I can remember; it was a regular meal at our table on the farm. So I was so very excited when Gold’n Plump introduced these fully cooked chicken sausages this spring, featuring flavors beyond the traditional profiles:
In this chicken sausage kebabs recipe, I used the Jalapeño Cheddar sausages, filled with aged sharp cheddar, diced fire-roasted jalapeños, poblano peppers, and roasted garlic. This flavor is FUN! And features chicken raised with no antibiotics-ever, and contains no nitrites, nitrates, or added MSG.
The really awesome thing about making kebabs with this protein-packed chicken sausage is that there is no need to do anything but slice it into pieces. No marinating, oiling, dry-rubbing, or seasoning required. It’s completely good to go, all on its own.
I also added slices of yellow sweet bell pepper, because I just HAVE to add sweet bell peppers to the grill whenever I can. And rounds of abundant summer zucchini, which add a mellow contrast to the bold flavors of the jalapeño cheddar chicken sausage and Peppadews.
Have you had a Peppadew? It’s one of my more recent food infatuations. I love its bright + sweet + spicy pickled flavor, a most wonderful addition to these kebabs!
Just look at that summer grilling perfection. Bright in color and flavor, and packed with delicious chicken sausage protein, these kebabs are what easy summer meals are all about.
- 1 package (12-0z.) Gold'n Plump® Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage - Jalapeño Cheddar flavor
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 16 Peppadew peppers
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sliced fresh jalapeño pepper, optional
- chopped cilantro, optional
- Clean grill grates and heat grill to medium to medium-high heat.
- Slice each chicken sausage into 1" lengths. In a medium bowl, fold zucchini and yellow bell pepper pieces with the olive oil.
- Thread chicken sausage, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, and Peppadew peppers onto skewers, alternating ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, turn skewers over, and sprinkle again.
- Place kebabs on hot grill grates, rotating after about 3 minutes or when nicely charred. The chicken sausage is fully cooked, so it really only needs to be heated and beautifully charred by the hot grill grates, rotating the kebabs every few minutes. This should take 9 to 12 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and enjoy immediately. Serve with optional fresh jalapeño slices and chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator.
At Gold’n Plump, good chicken is their mission. The brand is proud to offer the new chicken sausages made with these attributes:
- fully cooked and ready to heat
- made with real ingredients – no fillers, preservatives, or artificial flavors
- no nitrites, nitrates, or MSG
- chicken raised with No Antibiotics – Ever
- American Humane Certified™
This post is sponsored by Gold’n Plump. I am honored to be partnering with them again this year to bring you delicious new chicken recipes from our kitchen and backyard grills. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.