Mini Phyllo Cups with Whipped Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Thyme

Mini Phyllo Cups with Whipped Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Thyme - www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com

I’ve always had a thing for soft tangy cheeses and fresh fruit. It’s a classic pairing. I can’t count the times that I’ve quickly assembled a little plate of Sweet-and-Salty Honey-Cheese Spread before a meal; it’s a favorite here for our family. So this pretty little appetizer of Mini Phyllo Cups with Whipped Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Thyme was a very natural way to enjoy the same flavor idea…in a whole new perfectly poppable way!

The Athens Mini Fillo Shells make it sooooooooo easy to offer fabulous looking appetizers to your guests this holiday season and all throughout the year. The flaky little pastry shells come already baked and carefully packaged, ready to be filled with whatever your heart desires, sweet or savory. Crackers and dip will always be a great appetizer, undeniably so. But having a pretty platter of mini phyllo shells, already assembled and looking smart, definitely scores bonus points for the maker!

Can I tell you how absolutely wonderful whipped goat cheese is?! So fluffy and creamy and tangy, it’s just plain delightful. And it makes the perfect little flavorful pillow for juicy grapes, drizzled with a bit of sweet honey, and then sprinkled with fresh thyme and cracked black pepper. With just a few ingredients, this appetizer holds a beautiful range of textures and flavors. The recipe comes to you fully approved by every single person in our family. It was a hit!

Easy to make. Incredibly tasty and fun to eat. These little phyllo shell appetizers are begging to attend your next gathering!

For more great recipes using mini phyllo shells, head over to Phyllo.com!

Print Print Save Save

Mini Phyllo Cups with Whipped Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Thyme

Yield: 30 appetizers

• 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells (3o shells total)
  • 6 oz. goat cheese
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 T. half and half
  • 15 large red seedless grapes, quartered
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1 T. chopped fresh thyme
  • freshly ground black pepper

Remove Athens Mini Fillo Shells from boxes and set on counter, with the phyllo shells still in their protective tray.

With an electric mixer, whip goat cheese and cream cheese in a medium bowl on high speed. Once incorporated, add the half and half, and then whip for a minute or two, until smooth and fluffy. Place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pipe a dollop of the mixture into the bottom of each phyllo shell. Gently press two pieces of grape into the top of each whipped goat cheese dollop. If serving immediately, drizzle the grapes with a bit of honey. Then sprinkle a little thyme and black pepper over the top. If serving later in the day, place trays of phyllo shells, with whipped goat cheese and grapes only, into the refrigerator. When ready to serve, drizzle on the honey and then add the thyme and black pepper.

(If you don't have pastry bags and tips, simply use a small spoon to fill the phyllo cups with whipped goat cheese. Or place whipped goat cheese in a ziplock baggie, snip off a corner of the baggie, and pipe goat cheese into the phyllo shells.)

from a farmgirl's dabbles

Disclosure: Thank you to Athens Foods for sponsoring this delicious post. All opinions are my own.

32 Responses to “Mini Phyllo Cups with Whipped Goat Cheese, Grapes, and Thyme”

Christine (CookTheStory) — December 13, 2013 at 7:43 am

I love goat cheese. The mini cups look the the perfect bite.

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:49 am

Hi Christine – thank you so much! :)

Mique — December 13, 2013 at 8:07 am

Oh my goodness! I love phyllo dough. I need to try out these cups. Can’t wait!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:48 am

Hope you like them, Mique. They’re fun to make, and wonderful to eat!

Tieghan — December 13, 2013 at 8:11 am

These look and sound so good!! I love the combo of goat cheese and grapes with the phyllo dough!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:47 am

Thanks, Tieghan – hope you have a great weekend! :)

Aggie — December 13, 2013 at 8:46 am

These look and sound fantastic!! What a nice addition to a holiday party!! (I want to pop some in my mouth for breakfast :) )

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:47 am

Thank you! These work great for breakfast…I do, in fact, know! Awesome to hear from you, dear Aggie – hope you’re doing well and enjoying this most wonderful time of year with your new babe. xo

Megan {Country Cleaver} — December 13, 2013 at 8:49 am

I love those Athena phyllo cups – they’re so convenient and these look so peachy keen in them!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:44 am

Thank you, Megan – have a great weekend! :)

Angie — December 13, 2013 at 10:11 am

These are too cute! I could eat them all too, looks delicious!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:41 am

Thanks, Angie. I think I just signed myself up to make these for my family’s Christmas Eve gathering. ;)

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — December 13, 2013 at 11:37 am

I love phyllo cups, these are so wonderful for an impressive last-minute appetizer!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:41 am

Thank you Laura – agreed, these Athens cups make appetizers so easy and impressive!

Wendy — December 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Brenda, in your directions it says “with a blender,whip the goat cheese” is it supposed to say mixer? Anyway, I love it when having company if you can make appetizers earlier in the day and finish assembling just before the party starts. Love the simplicity of these and who wouldn’t love the ingredients! Thank you for the recipe!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:40 am

Hi Wendy, great to hear from you! I will reword that sentence, thanks for pointing it out. Have a great weekend!

Cheryl — December 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I am glad that I opened up this post. I first thought it would be way to complicated with the filo cups but was happy to see that they come pre-prepared. Much easier for an easy cook like myself.

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:37 am

Yes! The Athens cups make this appetizer really easy and really pretty! And you really don’t need to use the pastry bag to fill them with the whipped goat cheese – you could use a little spoon or put the goat cheese in a ziploc bag and snip off a corner. You would LOVE this, Cheryl. :) xo

Mom — December 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I think I hear them begging to attend our Christmas gathering!!
    Yummy!

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:34 am

Hmmmm…that might be doable! ;)

julia — December 14, 2013 at 6:38 am

Love these beautiful little appetizers for the holidays! Great flavors.

• Brenda replied on December 14th, 2013 at 7:33 am

Thank you, Julia!

Anna (Hidden Ponies) — December 14, 2013 at 11:26 am

Those are such pretty little cups, and I love the filling you chose! Perfect bites!

Jack — December 15, 2013 at 11:22 am

Just in time for Christmas, I love the sound of this recipe. Thanks for the share, for once, my girlfriend will be impressed with my culinary skills.

Jess — December 16, 2013 at 4:05 am

Love this combination, Brenda – I have such a soft spot for cheese and fruit, and this is such a fun way to serve it for a crowd!

Shaina — December 16, 2013 at 10:13 am

I love the goat cheese and grape combination here. Lovely appetizer, and it’s so easy to prep!

Amy — December 17, 2013 at 11:53 am

Looks fantastic!! Is the half and half included in the goat cheese/cream cheese mixture? Thank you for the wonderful site :)

• Brenda replied on December 18th, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Hi Amy – I made the correction, please take another look at the recipe. Thank you!!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — December 17, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Creamy goat cheese and grapes? I’m in!

Amie C. — December 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm

where does the half & half come in? does it get mixed with the goat cheese & cream cheese? thanks!! :)

• Brenda replied on December 18th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Sorry about that, Amie. I’ve corrected the recipe, please take another look. Thanks for letting me know!

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — December 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I love using those little phyllo cups. They’re so convenient to keep on hand and you can put together a great little appetizer in a hurry. Get combination with the goat’s cheese, grapes, and thyme!